- Original title: Strahinja Banovic
- Type: Feature film
- Year: 2021
- Genre: Drama
- Country: Serbia,Luxembourg, France, Bulgaria, Lithuania
- Language: English,Serbian
- Length: 92
- Format: DCP, Blu Ray
- Directed by: Stefan Arsenijević
Strahinya and his wife, Ababuo, both 28, left Ghana at the beginning of the migrant crisis. They managed to reach Germany but were deported back to Belgrade.
Serbia may not be Germany, but Strahinya does his best to start a new life. He works hard to secure asylum, trying out as a football player for a local club and working as a volunteer for the Red Cross. The process, however, is lengthy and Ababuo, a passionate woman aspiring to become an actress in London, feels unfulfilled in their life.
One night, a new group of Syrian refugees arrive, on their way to Western Europe. One of them is Ali, a charismatic left-wing activist. Ababuo initially mocks him, but, the very next day, leaves Serbia with him, providing no explanation. Strahinya sets off along the Balkan migrant route for completely different reasons than anyone else: for love.
A re-imagining of the medieval Serbian epic poem Banovich Strahinya in which contemporary African migrants take the place of Serbian national heroes. Urgent and timeless at the same time, this adaptation raises questions about identity, tradition, race and love.
- Screenplay: Stefan Arsenijević, Bojan Vuletić, Nicolas Ducray
- Director of photography: Jelena Stanković
- Production design: Zorana Petrov
- Music by: Martynas Bialobžeskis
- Edited by: Vanja Kovačević
- Costume designer: Carine Rando de Felice
- Make-up artist: Sophie Garlinskas
- Sound designer: Zoran Maksimović
- Cast: Ibrahim Koma, Nancy Mensah-Offei, Maxim Khalil, Rami Farah, Nebojša Dugalić
- Production company: Serbia - Art & Popcorn
- Producers: Miroslav Mogorović - Art & Popcorn
- Co-production: Luxembourg - Les Films Fauves; France - Surprise Alley; Bulgaria - Chouchkov Brothers, Lithuania - Artbox
- Co-producers: Gilles Chanial - Les Films Fauves; Alice Ormières, Myrina Mané - Surprise Alley; Borislav Chouchkov - Chouchkov Brothers, Kestutis Drazdauskas - Artbox
- Executive producer: Stefan Mladenović - Art & Popcorn
- Supported by: Eurimages, Film center Serbia, Film Fund Luxembourg, CNC France, Bulgarian National Film Center, Lithuanian Film Center, Creative Europe - MEDIA, the Government of the Republic of Serbia - Tax Incentives Regulation and pPogram